A framework that allows (a) enterprises to define, select and quantify the impact to business operations through a granular analysis of activities, processes and functions of the business and (b) association of these activities with specific initiatives that will lead to business process and enterprise wide performance improvements.
- Logical decomposition of business functions of a retailer and a manufacturer into processes, and activities.
- A consistent methodology to identify metrics to measure each activity using a set of four variables.
- Suggested improvement ranges for the variables in terms of Best in class, Median and Low values and typical improvements that can be expected.
- Override suggested values with a user specified value in absolute or percentage improvement terms.
- Framework seeded with 5+ business functions, 16+ processes, 30+ atomic level benefit drivers
- Built in database of best practices, processes and standards (such as CPFR, EDI, EFT, GTIN, GDS etc)
- Ability to login either as a Retailer or a Manufacturer, with functional distinctions.
- Local ‘what-if’ capabilities to quantify benefits.
- Distribution of benefit dollars into multiple buckets (of initiatives, categories etc) at the atomic level.
- Weighted and automatic rollup of benefit dollars into higher levels both in dollars and in percentages.
- Intuitive interface in the form of questions to guide user through the framework.
- Summary reporting at the enterprise level and at business function level of benefits and weighted contributions from different initiatives – in dollars and percentages.
- Export of data into XML files
Additional user features
- Secure Login and Profile management
- Session save and resume
- Multi user support
- Zero admin web based application
- Help for descriptions of functions, processes, drivers and initiatives
- Definition and maintenance (add/delete/change) of Functions, Processes, Benefit Drivers
- Modification of seeds for Best in class, Median, Low and Typical improvement values
- Maintenance of help screens, logos and descriptive content in each page of the application
- Content Management (Newsletters, Announcements)
- Local installation on enterprise network
- Hosted service
- Rapid business case development and ongoing performance measurement and management.
- Built in industry best practices, benchmarks and logical process decompositions
- Rapid modification of template to develop model variations for different business units and initiatives.
- OS – Linux, W2K, W9x
- Web Server – Apache
- PHP Server side scripting/PHP Web services
- MySQL database
- Portable to other platforms
- Multiyear projections of benefits
- Investment calculations
- Multiyear ROI in terms of NPV and IRR
- Reporting of initiatives and rankings
- Customization of a program of initiatives